How to enhance a bathroom
We had a tiny, rather dull bathroom. It was plain white with inexpensive fixtures and fittings. I wanted to make this small room a little more inviting, possibly even interesting, without spending lots of money on a large renovation. So with a pot of paint and some framed postcards, family photos, a couple of mirrors, dried flowers, lavender bags and a basket of pinecones, I transformed this uninviting space into a pleasant room for next to nothing.
I only painted two out of the 4 walls so there would still be some reflected light from the white walls and then went to town decorating with things I had around the house.
- Paint: Railings by Farrow and Ball
- Dried flowers: Cut from the garden last summer and dried over the winter
- Pinecones: Collected from our local forest
- Lavender bags: Muslin Bags
- Lavender: Dried lavender flowers
- Mirrors: found in a local charity shop and painted with antique gold
Add lots of dried flowers and lavender bags to the radiator to finish. For a nice touch regularly sprinkle a few drops of essential oil onto the flowers creating a perfectly perfumed bathroom.